Want to become an Artist? Not sure where to begin? Start a sketchbook! A sketchbook is a wonderful way to explore art making. It’s less stressful and it will help you build your art skills.
Still not sure?
Here are five reasons why you should start a sketchbook.
- Helps lower your stress levels.
- It May help with cognitive function.
- It’s personal and unique to you.
- You can travel with your sketchbook and document things around you.
- Experiment with different mediums and styles of art.
More articles on the benefits of creating art
Daily Sketchbook Lessons
A few sketches from my sketchbook
- Observational drawing (Draw what you see).Find an object from around the house and draw it. Decide if you want to spend 5mins,10mins,15mins,etc drawing that object.
- Doodle (I looove Doodling!) Start with a few lines or shape and go from there. The possibilities are endless. Use differing mark making techniques to create unique pages of art. The objective is to fill the page.